We are currently in search of a Header Setup/Operator for our 2 die 3 blow Nationals (56 and 89). Experienced candidates are preferred, however, candidates that are mechanically inclined and willing to train are welcome to apply.
- Set up and operate one or more cold header machines and make all necessary adjustments for properly headed product
- Make adjustments on machines to offset minor wear on dies or hammers.
- Operate header machine according to assigned jobs, blueprints, and customer requirements
- Perform safety checks to ensure safety devices are on and in proper working order
- Perform quality checks and document results, using simple gauges, precision measuring devices, and visual inspection
- Set up wire drawer and begin feeding wire process
- Performs first piece approval before proceeding with production. Obtains 2nd approval from another operator
- Checks production periodically to determine run amount
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on Cold Header equipment
- Complete SPC documents
- Process paperwork per production and quality specification requirements
- Material handling, as needed
- Clean machine area regularly, check oil reservoir, and replace oil as necessary
- Butt weld
- Any other duties as required
Requirements and Ideal Traits:
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to stand/walk for a full shift and climb stairs if necessary
- Ability to move tooling and material as required
- Working knowledge of SPC and gauging
- Able to interpret blueprints
- Basic knowledge of measuring tools
- Forklift Certification per Auto Bolt
All applicants should be willing to work hard, follow instructions, and be attentive to detail.
We offer a competitive salary, incentives, and benefit plan to eligible employees. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, disability, spending accounts, and 401(k).
Auto Bolt is a drug-free workplace. Auto Bolt is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable state and local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Please email your resume to email@example.com or send your resume to
ATTN: Human Resources
The Auto Bolt Company
4740 Manufacturing Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44135